Watch THE WEBINAR On-Demand Watch THE WEBINAR On-DemandWatch THE WEBINAR On-Demand
Texas College Bridge is an initiative underwritten by the Texas Education Agency’s Home Learning Program, supported by The Commit Partnership, and powered by The NROC Project’s adaptive EdReady learning platform. Recently, various state leaders shared how the initiative is improving student success.
Key WEBINAR Takeaways
- Texas College Bridge was designed to address college readiness gaps compounded by COVID-19. Today, 284 school districts and 51% of the state's postsecondary institutions are taking advantage of the program.
- EdReady, an adaptive learning platform developed by The NROC Project, delivers the Texas College Bridge curricula. Once students successfully complete Texas College Bridge, they can enroll in credit-bearing math and English courses without having to submit an SAT, ACT, or TSIA score.
- A nonprofit intermediary (The Commit Partnership), a state agency (Texas Education Association), and secondary and postsecondary leaders worked with NROC to vet and customize the EdReady curricula. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we take a community-oriented approach to problem solving.
- During the webinar, someone asked, "Can I get Texas College Bridge for the state of New York?" Our answer: absolutely. Various states have collaborated with us to customize math and / or English curricula to support unique college readiness and alternative (authentic) placement initiatives. Contact us if you want to partner up.
- Dallas County data demonstrate that the program is dramatically improving students' performance in their gateway math and English courses. See for yourself.
- Dr. Tonni Grant, Postsecondary Success Coordinator at Fort Worth ISD, said that she believes that Texas College Bridge is improving educational equity.