The Kentucky Skills U Instructional Framework Series was designed to provide a common instructional foundation for all of Kentucky’s adult education providers.
Local adult educators (who intuitively aligned instruction with college and career readiness standards, student assessment criteria, and program performance metrics) provided the impetus for this project. Building upon the work done by local providers, a state-level team designed this framework series to provide comprehensive, assessment-aligned instructional support to adult educators.
The result is a five-framework series comprised of:
• The Student Framework –– Research and strategies targeted to adult student retention and persistence, aligned with LINCS AE Teacher Competencies;
• The Mathematics Instructional Framework –– Instructional resources aligned with TABE 11/12 levels and GED® HIIs;
• The Reasoning Through Language Arts Instructional Framework –– Instructional resources aligned with TABE 11/12 levels and GED® HIIs;
• The Instructional Technology Framework –– Instructional resources, accompanied by detailed screenshots and video tutorials, aligned with LINCS AE Teacher Competencies;
• BRAND NEW! The English Language Proficiency Instructional Framework –– Instructional resources aligned with English Language Proficiency Standards and CASAS Competencies, organized both by ELP Standard and by five achievement levels.
Enjoy a deep dive into the actual frameworks and a discussion of potential uses for adult education providers.
Lori Looney, Director, College and Career Prep, Kentucky Skills U
Jo Botts, Associate Director and RLA Content Specialist, Morehead State University Academy (Kentucky)
Pam Callahan, Director and Math Content Specialist, Morehead State University Academy (Kentucky)
Open Curricular Playlists for Adult Educators: HippoCampus Playlists Correlated to TABE 11/12 and GED High Impact Indicators
The state of Kentucky recently developed instructional frameworks correlated to the new TABE 11/12 blueprints and the GED High Impact Indicators. The Mathematics and Reasoning Through Language Arts frameworks are bolstered by customized HippoCampus playlists.
HippoCampus is an ever-evolving repository of vetted multimedia learning objects, including collections authored by The NROC Project, Khan Academy, PhET, NOAA, and more. At this open site, educators can create and customize content playlists. Explore Kentucky’s playlists designed to support adult learners, and check out thousands of additional videos spanning 13 subject areas.